Wednesday, April 02, 2008 @ 9:45 AM
NEWS UPDATE: Xyn went to work today.
Did i ever worked before? Apparently not (I faked my resume, hehe). For the first time in my life, i worked. I should probably record this in my history book, after getting one. Although its just a trial working day, but still, its new to me. OK here goes, so i worked as a waitress for 3 hours. In a Chinese restaurant near my house.
The whole night i stood there, there were only 2 freaking tables with customers. Yes, 2. Poor restaurant. I was bored to death. All i did was wiping the glasses like a machine. And the supervisor said there can't be any finger print or cloth fluff on them. So i had to squint at the glasses and take off every bit of fluff. And then, hurm, i collected dirty dishes, serve dishes, lay out cutleries on new tables and that's about it. Other time, i just stood there and looked at the customers.
Then all of a sudden when i was standing there staring blankly at the the air, there's this boy (aged 5/6) shouted across to me, probably around 10 feet away from where i was standing, and said: "Is there anyone going to come into this restaurant other than us?!". -__-''' I was totally dumbfucked and didn't know what to say other than, "I don't know...." with a stiff smile. And he didn't stop just there, and shouted yet again: "I think people don't like your food!!" Walao eh, how do you expect me to respond to that? Say to him, i think it's more of that people don't like the price. Obviously, that can't be said. So i just gave him another very stiff, helpless and most likely fake smile.
Sigh, i hope they will hire me ler. Short hours, free food, not bad pay, near to my house. Although i need to stand very straight for 3 hours, i really can put up with it. OK la, till then.
0 comments